Below you will find a list of my publications, career history, education history and a list of awards.
Cardiff University, Lecturer in Applied Mathematics. 2017 – Present
St John’s College, Junior Research Fellow in Mathematics. 2013 – 2017
Achieved a highly competitive research position allowing continuing investigations into cellular motility.
London Science Museum, Fellow of Modern Mathematics. 2014 – 2016
Advising on the creation of two new mathematics galleries.
Oxford Centre for Collaborative Applied Mathematics, University of Oxford. 2012 – 2014
Named post doctoral research assistant on an academic proposal researching mechanical approaches to cellular motility.
St. John’s College, Non-Stipendiary Lecturer in Mathematics. 2010 – 2012
Tutored first and second year undergraduates in applied mathematics, complex analysis and exam technique.
Maths Advisor to `Dara O’Briain’s School of Hard Sums’, Wild Rover Productions. 2011 – 2014
Author and tutor of the Continuing Education Course ‘The Number Mysteries’. 2011 – Present
Developer for miniseries ‘The Code’, BBC Research Department. February 2010
Illustrator of Marcus Du Sautoy’s book, ‘The Number Mysteries’, Fourth Estate. March 2010
Treatment writer for miniseries “The Magic of Numbers”, Big Ape Media. July 2009
St. John's College, University of Oxford. 2004-2012
- D.Phil. title: Spatiotemporal behaviour of stochastic and continuum models for biological signalling on stationary and growing domains. Supervisors: Ruth Baker, Eamonn Gaffney and Philip Maini.
- MMath: First class degree. Modules studied: Mathematical Ecology and Biology, Mathematics and Physiology, Mathematics and the Environment, Applied Partial Differential Equations.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Grade A in A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- Eleven grade A and A* GCSEs.
- First student to attend the school, sixth form and
attain a place at the University of Oxford.
- IMA Small Grant, 2018 (£900).
- The Mathematical Biosciences Institute Early Career Award. Four month placement, 2017.
- Shortlisted for the Westminster Medal, 2015.
- OxTalent Online Outreach award, 2015.
- University of Oxford Outreach Award, 2014 (£50).
- Prize article appearing in the IMA fiftieth anniversary book 2014.
- Awarded £6000 to organise a conference on Membrane Dynamics and Blebbing.
- Shortlisted for the IMA Lighthill-Thwaites prize, 2013.
- Invited speaker at the University of Mexico, 2012 (£1500) and 2014 (£1500).
- Academic paper “power spectra methods for a stochastic description of diffusion on deterministically growing domains” highlighted as an important contribution by Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research, 2011.
- Institute Partner Fund academic travel award, 2010 ($1000).
- SIAM Student Chapter Certificate of Recognition, 2010.
- Awarded SIAM travel award ($700), 2010.
- President of the Oxford SIAM Student Chapter, 2009 – 2010: As part of the committee, created and ran multiple events throughout the year including a conference for 120 people from around England.
- Awarded st John’s College travel award (£500), 2009.
- Chosen to give a Mathematical, Physical, Life Sciences Division prize talk, 2009 (£150).
- Achieved highest applied first in final year (2008) and awarded free IMA membership and Junior Mathematics prize (£250).
- Awarded "Gibbs prize" (£250) for best examination results during the second and third years, 2006-2007.
- Awarded Casberd Scholarship (£150) for achieving first class in the first year exams, 2005.